Terri Einer is a gestural and expressive artist creating deliciously bold, colorful renditions in a few happy strokes. Working in her Oshkosh studio, Terri’s quirky, loose lines, together with her carefree brushstrokes, create images that truly comes to life.
We had a little Q & A so you can get to know her better.
1. How long have you been painting? I've been artistic my entire life and have a degree in Graphic Arts, but I really launched my current business back in 2013 when I moved from the La Crosse area to Oshkosh. I was looking to make connections and new friends and decided to go back into my passion; art.
2. Why are acrylics your chosen medium? I've dabbled in other mediums and enjoy pen and ink as well as pastels, but I truly found my voice in my current style, which is very loose, with creamy acrylics.
I am in my zone when the paints are flying and the strokes are simplistic.
3. What is the inspiration for the Wisconsin landscape series? Honestly, it's what the folks want. I love to paint many subjects, but my farmland landscapes and cows tend to be my best sellers. I suppose it's just the location!
4. Any formal training in the arts or where does your art education come from? As I said, I've always been artistic, so I am mostly self-taught, but I do have an Associates Degree from La Crosse, WI. I love advertising and had planned a career in that originally.
5. Tell us something about you, personally. I love to travel and I love the beach. Now retired from the 9-5 grind, I'm concentrating more on my art, but I sure can't wait to get back to seeing the world when the Covid travel restrictions are lifted.
The work featured below with artless Bastard is exclusive to the gallery. Please contact us with any questions or if you would like a landscape commissioned by the artist.
Email: email@example.com or call 920.310.0260